What exactly is iOS?
Apple Inc. created it as a mobile operating system for its products, such as the iPhone and iPad. It is an operating system for the iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as the iPad before the initiation of iPadOS in 2019. After Android, it is the world’s second most famous mobile operating system. Join iOS Training in Chennai to learn more about iOS platform. In this blog we shared some of the features of iOS.
Features Of iOS
The following functionalities are available on iOS.
With iOS 4, which was released in June 2010, select devices such as the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch 3rd Generation began to allow multitasking. iOS Online Course will help you to know the importance of iOS platform. Multitasking was enabled in iOS 4 via the seven Background APIs listed below.
- Background audio: the application proceeds to run in the past until the active audio or video is completed.
- Voice over IP: When a voice over IP call is not in process, the application is refused.
- When a voice-over IP call is not in process, the application is suspended. Notification services when the device’s location changes in the background.
- Push Notifications: Whether in background or foreground mode, the app receives push notifications from the server.
- Local Notifications: You can plan local notifications in the app at a particular time.
- Task Completion: The app might request additional time from the system to accomplish a task.
- Switching between apps quickly
In-App purchase: Purchases made within the app:
Within the app, iOS users can purchase various items such as subscriptions, services, and additional features. In-app purchases are available on iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
Apple Pay: Apple Pay is a service that allows you to pay:
Apple Pay may be linked into iOS apps to make payment processing simple and safe. FaceID and TouchID can be used to authorise Apple Pay transactions.
Integration of a camera:
In iOS, Apple provides the AVFoundation Capture Subsystem, which is a standard high-level architecture for audio, image, and video capture.
The use of maps:
Apple offers an online mapping service that can be utilised as the iOS default map system. It has a variety of functions, such as a flyover mode. Apple’s MapKit may be used to create applications that utilise maps.
Center for Notifications:
Before the release of iOS 5, alerts could not be viewed after they were released. The Notification Center was launched by Apple, and it allows us to see the history of notifications. The user can, however, click on a note to open its associated program or delete it from the notification center by clicking on it.
Apple introduces a social gaming network with iOS 4.1, allowing users to play games with their friends. It has a Game Center interface, a leaderboard, achievements, multiplayer, and many more abilities.