Here, we will see the advantages of data driven testing and robot framework architecture and why it is important?
What is Robot Framework?
Robot Framework is a general-purpose test automation framework for the testing process and test-driven development (ATDD). It employs the keyword-driven testing method and has simple tabular test data syntax. Join FITA Academy‘s Robot Framework Test Automation Training in Chennai and learn with the help of industry experts.
Its testing capabilities can be expanded by test libraries written in Python or Java. Users can generate excellent keywords from existing products using the same syntax for creating test cases.
Robot Framework is an open-source framework that is written in Python and is compatible with all major platforms. Among many other open source tools, Robot Framework is one of the few that assist a multi-platform environment and is regularly maintained.
- Top-Level Architecture
- Easy Tabular Syntax
- Separate Test Data Editor
- Data-driven Test Cases
- Detailed logs
- Clear Reports
- Generic test libraries
- Remote test libraries and other plugins for Jenkins or Hudson, Maven, Ant.
- Swing, SWT, databases, Windows GUIs, SSH, and Telnet are all examples of web testing technologies.
- Text editor support: Emacs, Vim, TextMate
Robot Framework Online Training provides real-time projects at an affordable price.
Robot Framework Architecture:
Robot Framework is an open-source framework for application development and is technology-independent. Its architecture is highly modular:
- The test results are presented in a simple, easy-to-edit tabular format. When you launch Robot Framework, it processes test data, executes test cases, and creates logs and reports.
- The core framework is unaware of the goal under test, and interactions with it are managed by test libraries. Libraries can use software interfaces directly or as drivers’ lower-level test tools.
- When the Robot framework starts, it processes the test data. The framework does not need to know about the target system but interacts with it via test libraries. As drivers, the libraries use application interfaces or modular test tools.
- The Robot framework provides multiple file formats. The tabular form can be described using HyperText Markup Language (HTML), tab-separated values (TSV), plain text, or restructured text (reST). According to the Robot framework user guide, a simple text file format is preferred.
To make an excellent robot framework, it can use remote libraries to write many programming languages. It supports XML-RPC protocol, which runs on numerous machines.
Working with Robot Framework has the advantage of allowing you to write test cases in a natural workflow that includes test case necessary conditions, action, verification, and end-up process.
Now you would have understood Why Robot Framework Test Automation is Important?. So, to have an in-depth understanding of the Robot framework, you can join Robot Framework Test Automation Training in Bangalore and equip yourself with the help of its core concepts, features and benefits.
Read More: RPA Interview Questions and Answers